Frequently Asked Questions
If you are unable to find the answer that you are looking for in FAQ, please post your question through our Online Feedback Form.
Title : Membership and Privileges
1.How do I become the member of Pustaka Negeri Sarawak?
Fill in LibraryNet online registration form and approach our staff in Multimedia Gallery's counter for making the payment.
2. How much do I have to pay for the registration?
Below are the charges for different categories of user.
|Categories||Registration Fees (RM)||Annual Fees (RM)|
|Children (4-12 years old)||Free||-|
|Corporate (5 persons at a time)||Category revoked|
|Life Membership||Category revoked|
|Senior Citizen (55 years old and above)||Free||-|
3. What can I do with my library account?
You are able to logon to your Member Personal Page and view information on your transactions. You will also be able to change your personal profile, check your membership, find out the transactions of your prepaid account, check your reservation and view your circulation history.
4. How many books can I borrow?
You can borrow maximum of eight (8) materials (books or combination of items) concurrently for 14 days.
5. Can I use the internet service in Pustaka?
You are able to use the Internet in Pustaka ( Kuching and Miri) for free, however, for members only.
Title : Books and Materials
6.How do I search for materials in Pustaka Negeri Sarawak?
- You can use our online book search for searching your desired materials
- Or you can go directly to our reference counter and ask the assistance from our friendly staff.
7. What if the materials that I need is not available in Pustaka, both in Kuching and Miri?
You can either use :
- Interlibrary Loan;
- Ubiquitous Library; or
- Suggest the materials to us for purchasing through our Pustaka4U subsite.