The loan process is as follows:-
- Search for the item/ material using online public access catalog (OPAC)
- Note the call number of the item and remove it from the shelve.
- Approach the service counter at Information Resource Center.
- Present ones membership card.
- The staff on duty will process the transaction.
- A borrowing receipt will be issued for record purposes.
- For an item that has been checked out, one can place a reservation for it online. When the material is returned, one will be informed to collect it within 3 days.
A user/ member can reserve borrowed items by :-
- Searching for an item using online public access catalog (OPAC)
- Clicking the ‘item’ icon to see the item’s location.
- Clicking “Pustaka Negeri Sarawak” to find out if the item is at Pustaka
- Checking the status of the item either ‘available’ or ‘checked out’
- ‘Available’ means that the item is available in Pustaka and can be borrowed. If the status is ‘checked out’ , it means that another user has borrowed the item. The due date will also be displayed.
- For items borrowed by other users , one can place a reservation for it online by clicking ‘reserve item’.
- A member is allowed to borrow 8 items at any one time for the period of 14 days. An extension of the loan period can be done via telephone, online or by requesting personally at the service counter before or on the due date.
- PUSTAKA Resource Center, First Floor
- Multimedia Gallery, Ground Floor
- Children Infotechque Counter, Ground Floor
- Pustaka’s lending service enables members to borrow 8 items concurrently for 14 days. The load period is renewable before the due date.
Materials that could be borrowed include:
- Open Shelves Collection with white label
- Special Needs Collection with orange label
- Teenagers Collections with blue label.
- This service is offered during Pustaka’s Operation Hours.
Mondays to Sundays (11.00 am to 7.00 pm)