Library Services :: Information Services Division
- To disseminate and transmit knowledge information and data on the State
- To provide center for reference, education and information of dissemination of information relevant to the economic, historical, social, cultural, political and other background development and achievement of the State
- To hold and participate in exhibition or display of library resources and the information or data collected, maintained or held by the State Library
- To promote or stimulate interest on reading, library works and to promote literacy arts and the usage of modern technology in the transmission and dissemination of knowledge, information and data
- To facilitate the dissemination of knowledge and information, the appreciation of arts, culture, traditions, history and achievements of the State and its people
- To provide such services and facilities as the State Library is able to provide to the public and to any public library or resource center and to provide training for library personnels
REFERENCE SERVICE UNIT
- To function as knowledge managers/executives to provide reference services in Pustaka, using both printed and online sources.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of reference services, including reference assistance, content development for reference sources in print and electronic reference formats; library instruction; Information Literacy Skills; and development of print and electronic instructional materials.
- Support and update Pustaka's information on Pustaka Negeri's website and Intranet and social networking channel.
- Responsible to promote reference services and its content to targeted audience.
- Reference Desk / Research Assistance.
- Provides Online Reference service for Pustaka & u-Pustaka ( of which Pustaka is a consortium member).
- Provide telephone reference.
- Implementation of Selective Dissermination of Information (SDI).
- Information Literacy and User Education activities.
- Content and collection development.
- Non-schedules activities
COMMUNITY SERVICE UNIT
- Circulation Works (circulation service & shelving).
- Member Managament (membership services).
- Reading Acculturation
- Statistical Data
- Public Library (PNM Libraries / consultation)
- Promotions (new books / exhibition / membership drives / outreach / bulk loan)
- e-Pustaka (Lawas & Sarikei – User education / Knowledge based activity).