- About Us
- Corporate Management
ROLES AND FUNCTIONS OF DIVISIONS
Finance & Facilities Management Division
Advise the Chief Executive Officer, Management and all employees of Pustaka Negeri Sarawak on matters pertaining to financial management and to ensure that there are adequate funds available to acquire the resources needed to help Pustaka achieve its objectives
Roles Of Finance Unit
To manage & undertake the following tasks:
- Budget preparation
- Budget administration
- Cost allocation
- Accounts payable
- Fringe benefits
- Grants administration
- Contract administration
- Accounts Receivable
- Keep and maintain financial records and reports
- Procurement approval of purchasing or services that is less than RM20,000.00
Roles Of Facility Management Unit
Oversees, manages and monitors the following activities:
- Maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, equipment, parks and landscape at Pustaka
- Pustaka’s assets and facilities
- Usage of hired venues/facilities
- Security (to ensure security and safety of employees, customers and members of the public and property in and within assigned areas in Pustaka by patrolling on foot and enforcing Pustaka’s rules and regulations)
Human Resource Management Division
The main functions of the Human Resource Management Division includes:
- All matters relating to Pustaka’s Human Resource such as:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Performance Appraisal
- Leave Administration, medical benefit
- Retirement and other staff benefit
- Identifies training need requirements, develops training plans and execute training programs for Pustaka and library employees under the Local Council Libraries.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with officials in other Federal and State agencies and other training providers, to meet the current trends in training and employee development programs.
- Corporate services for Human Resources under the Board committee.
Corporate Communication Division
- Implement, manage, maintain and enhance the Quality Management System of Pustaka Negeri Sarawak.
- Secretariat to Innovation Steering Committee in initiating, developing, implementing and maintaining the existing Quality initiatives in library such as:
- Innovative, Creative Circle (ICC)
- Innovation Day
- Quality Environment (5S)
- ccupational Safety & Health (OSH)
- Innovative Customer Feedback
- Innovation Audit
- Key Focus Activity (KFA)
- As secretariat whenever the library participates in quality awards such as Chief Minister's Quality Awards and/or other similar quality awards.
- Management of office registry and reception counter.
- Promotes Pustaka Negeri Sarawak's services and activities through various media and platforms which include:
- Customer Day
- Brochures, banner, fishtails, buntings and souvenirs
- Corporate Intranet, Pustaka website, plasma screen and customer news board
- In-house publications such as annual reports, newsletter and happenings and etc
- Public relations and enhancing ties with local media / counterpart to cover events / functions of the library
- Management of customer feedback
- Coordinate official visits to the library
- Coordinate monthly staff assembly
Internal Audit Division
Internal Audit Division is to provide an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve Pustaka Negeri Sarawak's operations. It helps to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Standards and Guidelines of Audit Practice
The Internal Audit Division will meet or exceed the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of The Institute of Internal Auditors and Internal Auditing Guidelines of Malaysian Institute Of Accountants.