Assalammualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh and Happy New Year 2021!!
Looking on the bright side of how COVID-19 pandemic has impacted us, we have remained resilient and we find ways to further improve our services here in Pustaka. By making full use of the social media, we can still reach you, our faithful users and viewers. Thank You for all your support!
Yes, because of the pandemic many of our plans were disrupted and activities were stalled last year, but we will forge on to get you engaged virtually through our program and activities lined up for this year.
Indeed, the pandemic has changed the way we work and helped us to innovate our services as well. We have learned how online platform helps us to communicate, share information and collaborate.
Our social media and the website have become our mediums of marketing. Therefore, we refuse to let the impact of the pandemic in preventing us to serve you better.
We kicked off the new year with the Chairman?s Annual Address 2021 where we are highlighting the Depository Services, its functions and programs, showcasing:
1. Sarawakiana Online thematic exhibitions.
2. Oral History activities;
3. Archives 1 File 1 Week Campaign;
4. Awareness Program for Legal Deposit (for Sarawak authors and Publishers);
5. Literacy session for Reference Service through Archival Records Management System (ARMS) module targeting the Sarawak Civil Service (SCS);
6. File Classification and Records Retention Schedule Workshop for Sarawak Civil Service (SCS);
7. Sarawakiana Talks and activities.
8. Rescue Government Records Archives Program (REGRAP). (This program is on the procedures for transfer of files where will be a demonstration file processing method to the Departments and Agencies which transfer their files to Pustaka);
9. Oral History Workshop (Bengkel Sejarah Lisan)
Sarawak Layer Cake Workshop (Bengkel Seni Kek Lapis Sarawak)
10. Research Writing Workshop
11. Bengkel Penulisan Lagu Puisi
12. Bicara Penulis Sarawak
While some of our major events planned for this year will also include 2 virtual conferences.
a. The International Knowledge Conference (IKC2021) will be held from 12th-13th July. The theme is Sustainable Development Goal: the role of Knowledge institutions and public service.
The main objective of the conference is to discuss strategies for optimization of access to information resources in view of the United Nation?s Sustainable Development Goals 2030.
b. On 14th-15th September, we will organize the k@Borneo conference
For both conferences we aim to advocate public awareness on sustainability
c. Sarawak Children?s Festival (3rd ? 4th June 2021);
d. Sarawakiana Festival will be held from 1st to 30th September 2021;
e. Makersmeet 2021 in Kuching will be held on 16th- 17th October 2021 and and in Miri 24th-26th September; and
f. Seminar on awareness of Legal Deposit from 25th26th November 2021.
We will continue our annual activities which includes:
1. Pustaka?s Customer Day @ Hari Bersama Pelanggan (Quarterly)
2. Tower of Books Reading Challenge
3. Digital Inclusivity (PANDei, E-Pelancongan, Go Digital ASEAN and Reading Seeds)
4. Program Jangkauan Ilmu
5. Virtual Book Talk
6. Juh Nambah Ilmu
7. Community Talk with other agencies (Agensi Akta Dadah Kebangsaan (AADK), schools, etc.
Looking back at how we have survived the impact of COVID-19, particularly on our business operations, there were indeed many hidden blessings too. Among them; new ideas were birthed (or forced on us), where services were being re-invented, new skills were learned and mode of communication and distribution has fully capitalized on the Internet? THE NEW NORMAL.
With that I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude and appreciation to the generous support by the State Government and guidance from our Chairman and our Board Members, not to mention the Management and Staff of Pustaka for their commitment, dedication and hard work in fulfilling the objectives and strategies of Pustaka?indeed, better things are still yet to come!!
ACTING CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Pustaka Negeri Sarawak
International Archives Week 2021 Celebration 07 Jun 2021
Sarawak Records and Archives Networking (SARAN) 09 Jun 2021
International Knowledge Conference 2021 12 Jul 2021