- Offline Services
- e Pustaka
e-Pustaka is a code name for Pustaka Negeri Sarawak mobile multimedia library. Physically, it is a medium-sized bus equipped with the following basic ICT facilities :
- a network server
- an IP-based local area network
- 8 – 10 units of computers
- a printer
- Internet connection
- electric power generator
- air conditioning system
- books and CD-ROM collection worth RM50,000
Manned by three specially trained staff, e-Pustaka commenced its services in Kuching sub-urban areas in the year 2001. In 2004, another unit was added and commissioned in Limbang to serve the communities there.
Up to this date, the two e-Pustaka have completed about 500 visits to various service points. Approximately, 900 students and teachers have benefited from them.
The main objectives of this service are to :
- improve ICT awareness amongst students and teachers at selected schools
- provide electronic classroom experience to students and teachers involved
- evaluate the impact of ICT to students and teachers
- promote the use of ICT in teaching and learning at school level
- narrow the digital divide among Sarawakians
The training provided in e-Pustaka programme covers :
- Introduction to computer.
- Online information resources, which include the Internet and CD-ROM databases.
- Trends and issues in ICT.
- ICT mini projects – such as web page design and publishing.
The group of schools selected will be changed every school semester.