- Offline Services
- Public Library Services
Public Library Services
The public library services of Pustaka Negeri Sarawak have been streamlined and placed under the purview of the Public Library Service Division so as to have a more concerted and synchronized efforts in the promotion of reading and reader development in the whole state of Sarawak. The streamlining of these services is long sought for due to the idiosyncratic nature of the implementation of reading promotion and reader development activities in the state.
The Public Library Service Division was set up with the following objectives in mind
- To enhance statewide reading campaign activities.
- To provide guidance and advisory services to public libraries especially in information services provision and reading campaign
- To provide mobile multimedia library services (e-Pustaka).
- To intensify effort to influence public opinion into accepting reading as positive behaviour that needs to become daily routine.
Services and Functions
To achieve its objectives, PLS provide the following services to public library libraries in Sarawak :
To provide, maintain and enhance mobile multimedia service (e-Pustaka in Kuching and Lawas.
To plan and coordinate the implementation of statewide reading campaign and reader development activities via the cooperation of the local authority libraries
To plan and provide training pertaining to the handling of reading campaign and reader development activities, including the development and distribution of self-instruction modules and toolkits.
To give advisory services pertaining to library cooperation, smart-partnership and networking among public libraries and information centers.
To give advisory services relating to physical library development, collection development, organization and management of resources, information and reference services, and information and communication technology
To develop and distribute promotional items to public libraries
To identify and potential reading campaign and reader development activities
To be the main coordinator for National Library of Malaysia-funded reading campaign activities at the state level.
The Public Library Services Division also administers, monitors and facilitates the operations and core activities of 36 National Library of Malaysia-funded village libraries. These libraries are
- Perpustakaan Desa Kampung Keranji, Kuching
- Perpustakaan Desa Taman Palma Indah, Kuching
- Perpustakaan Desa RPR Tondong, Kuching
- Perpustakaan Desa Taman Duranda Mas, Kuching
- Perpustakaan Desa Taman Sepakat Jaya, Kuching
- Perpustakaan Desa Taman Sri Muhibbah, Kuching
- Perpustakaan Desa Taman Sri Permai, Kuching
- Perpustakaan Desa Kampung Samariang Lama, Kuching
- Perpustakaan Desa Bandar Baru Samariang, Kuching
- Perpustakaan Desa Taman Harmoni, Sri Aman
- Perpustakaan Desa Kampung Pusa, Betong
- Perpustakaan Desa Kampung Beladin, Betong
- Perpustakaan Desa Kampung Sepinang, Betong
- Perpustakaan Desa Kampung Meludam, Betong
- Perpustakaan Desa Taman Susur Jambu Indah, Sarikei
- Perpustakaan Desa Taman Muhhibah Indah, Kanowit
- Perpustakaan Desa Kampung Hilir, Sibu
- Perpustakaan Desa Bahagia Jaya, Sibu
- Perpustakaan Desa Skim Tunoh, Kapit
- Perpustakaan Desa Taman Ixora Indah, Kapit
- Perpustakaan Desa Tanjung Manis, Mukah
- Perpustakaan Desa RPR Lawas, Lawas
- Perpustakaan Desa RPR Batu Biah, Limbang
- Perpustakaan Desa Kampung Bunan Gega, Serian
- Perpustakaan Desa Kpg. Pangtray, Daro
- Perpustakaan Desa Kpg. Jemoreng, Matu
- Perpustakaan Desa Taman Stakan Jaya, Kota Samarahan
- Perpustakaan Desa Taman Everglades, Kuching
- Perpustakaan Desa Taman Samarindah, Kota Samarahan
- Perpustakaan Desa Pabahanan, Limbang
- Perpustakaan Desa Meritam, Limbang
- Perpustakaan Desa Kampung Teh, Mukah
- Perpustakaan Desa Kampung Puyut, Marudi
- Perpustakaan Desa Sungai Asap, Belaga
- Perpustakaan Desa Kpg. Tegageng, Bekenu
- Perpustakaan Desa Layar, Betong